[sword-devel] Print Bible Features

Barry Drake sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 21 May 2003 09:15:58 +0100

Hi there .......

On 20 May 2003 at 16:40, Jimmie Houchin wrote:
> It would be nice to allow chapter:0 increments.

Chapter 0 (and verse 0) could potentially be useful - but in the normal way
of things, is anyone ever likely to look at it?  Pastor Tom Miles is
currently writing a commentary which I like and have offered a bit of
technical help with.  He will be offering it as a module when complete.
Each book and each chapter has a lengthy preamble.  If I get him to put
this as 'Chapter 0' or Verse 0 will anybody ever see it?  Instead, we have
currently arranged these as a bold italic section at the start of 1:1, 2:1
etc in each case.

The only way to make full use of the '0' feature would be to 'force'
display of 0:0 (and also 1:0, 2:0 etc) whenever the user of the front end
selects the following verse - or have a separate window, or something.
Nobody is normally likely to select 0:anything or anything:0 because they
won't know it's there!  Any of you clever guys got any thoughts on this?

God bless,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United Reformed
church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for our church
homepages).

Replies - b.drake@ntlworld.com