[sword-devel] Print Bible Features

Kahunapule Michael P. Johnson sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 20 May 2003 20:48:46 +1000

>> On Monday 19 May 2003 04:42 pm, Jimmie Houchin wrote:
>>> What features which are available in Print Bibles does Sword lack?
>>>
>>> If someone were wanting to take of the Bible texts in Sword and publish
>>> (print) a Bible what does Sword not have. (Copyright permitting.)
>>
>> Well, I don't really think it would be a wise idea to print sword
>> modules.
>> Even if we could replicate every single feature that print bibles have,
>> the
>> resulting quality would not be as good as a professionally typset and
>> printed
>> bible.
>
>I think if we will use Knuth's TeX or a similar high quality renderer we
>can get even higher quality than of most printed bibles.

Maybe. TeX has some problems-- but I use it anyway to generate the PDF files of the WEB & HNV (like http://eBible.org/web/webnt.pdf). It starts getting really awkward when you want to typeset other languages.

Kahunapule Michael P. Johnson
Servant of Jesus Christ
mpj@eBible.org
http://eBible.org/mpj/

and Spam Receiver wrote:<br>
&gt; On Monday 19 May 2003 04:42 pm, Jimmie Houchin wrote:<br>
&gt;&gt; What features which are available in Print Bibles does Sword
lack?<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; If someone were wanting to take of the Bible texts in Sword and
publish<br>
&gt;&gt; (print) a Bible what does Sword not have. (Copyright
permitting.)<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Well, I don't really think it would be a wise idea to print
sword<br>
&gt; modules. <br>
&gt; Even if we could replicate every single feature that print bibles
have,<br>
&gt; the <br>
&gt; resulting quality would not be as good as a professionally typset
and<br>
&gt; printed <br>
&gt; bible.<br><br>
I think if we will use Knuth's TeX or a similar high quality renderer
we<br>
can get even higher quality than of most printed
Maybe. TeX has some problems-- but I use it anyway to generate the PDF
files of the WEB &amp; HNV (like http://eBible.org/web/webnt.pdf). It
starts getting really awkward when you want to typeset other
languages.<br><br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
Kahunapule Michael P. Johnson<br>
Servant of Jesus Christ<br>