[sword-devel] Diatheke...

Joby sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 16 May 2003 23:40:35 -0500

Hello, all...

A few things... First of all, I really want to thank and encourage
everyone who's put any effort into this project. This is an excellent
tool, getting better by the day... keep it up! :o)

I really don't have lots of spare time, but I'm curious what little
things I can do to help, and also what I ought to learn to be able to
better help later. I have good coding skills but no recent experience
and really no knowledge of any of the technologies you are using (Even
just plain basic c++ skills are rusty... never used c/c++ outside of
simple-ish classwork); where does a novice such as myself begin to
learn?

I'm sure that this has a REALLY simple answer but... on my linux box
here, I plan on just using diatheke a bit to look things up quickly...
but it doesn't see any modules unless I execute it as root. I've glanced
around for obvious file permission issues, but haven't found any... Any
guesses?

Your brother and fellow servant,

Joby