[sword-devel] Repository of uncompiled modules? Errors in Vietnamese bible !

Nguyen Ly sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 3 May 2003 17:18:41 +0800

Yups it was a dumb question!

I manage to find a mod2osis utility from the bibletechnologies.net (OSIS) website. Though the link on the main page is broken .. Try this page instead:  http://www.bibletechnologieswg.org/osis/tools/

Nguyen.

-----Original Message-----
From: sword-devel-admin@crosswire.org [mailto:sword-devel-admin@crosswire.org] On Behalf Of Nguyen Ly
Sent: Saturday, 3 May 2003 2:35 PM
To: sword-devel@crosswire.org
Subject: [sword-devel] Repository of uncompiled modules? Errors in Vietnamese bible !

Hi,

Maybe this is a dumb question or someone's already answered it, but hey I'm a new guy :)

Is there currently a repository of submitted uncompiled modules accessible from somewhere?

I've been using the Vietnamese bible and found some minor errors in the text. For eg, some characters don't display properly - (John 1:19) -- this is due to a conversion problem from the original text file being converted from VNI to unicode format. Another issue is with the spelling of the word "Jesus" in Viet. In some places it's spelt Je^sus and in others it's Gie^-xu. Technically, the later is more correct since there's no "J" in the Viet alphabet. This may make searches inaccurate.

Just thinking that I'll be faster to make changes on the uncompiled module (text file in OSIS or GBF format?) and then re-submitting the module again rather than composing from the raw file again.

Any help will be appreciated!

Nguyen Ly.