[sword-devel] Copyright problem?

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 30 Mar 2003 14:01:30 -0700 (MST)

On Sun, 30 Mar 2003, Don A. Elbourne Jr. wrote:

> Are you certain that the only changes were spelling? Rumor has it than some
> of the Calvinism was edited out of the John Gill commentary to line up
> better with the module creator's theology.

I don't know whether other changes were made, but abridgements, such as
removing sections of a work, also do not qualify for copyright protection.

Everyone's favorite copyright office circular:
http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ14.pdf
(I just noticed that's Hebrew they have in the little image on the top of
the first page... interesting.)

--Chris