[sword-devel] Web Interface - Scripture Markup

Don A. Elbourne Jr. sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 15:49:01 -0600

I think the idea of adding an id to each verse is a good one. One thing to
remember though is that IDs can not begin with a numeric value.
Programmatically prepending the abbreviated book name would probably be the
best bet.

I think the trick you reference from ALA might work with IDs, I have not
tested it yet, but I don't think it would be desirable to do so. The
functionality is dependant upon the browser being fully CSS2 compliant. This
would leave non-CSS2 compliant browsers without any versification numbers.
Not a good thing. We do not want any essential content dependant upon the
css.

BTW, speaking of print style sheets, I think it would be a good idea to have
one included with this project. It could be very basic. There would be no
need for the two side columns to be printed and so we could just use
display:none for them and fill the page with the main content.

by grace alone,

Don A. Elbourne Jr.
http://elbourne.org