[sword-devel] Explaine ThML markup

Tue, 25 Mar 2003 17:49:57 -0500

On Tuesday 25 March 2003 05:28 pm, Christian Renz wrote:
> >only one font is needed, and
>
> just a minor nit to pick -- Unicode does _not_ mean that you only use
> one font for the whole charset. In fact, Unicode capable software
> should be able to let the user configure fonts for each "code page"
> (forgot the Unicode term right now). That is realized for example in
> Opera 6, and maybe also in NS6/IE6. The Windows API also has functions
> that select the fonts for you.

Well, potentially, you only need one font if it covers all the
encodings/character sets/code pages/whatever needed. And I didn't say that
you only use one font, but that you don't *need* more than one font, (ie you
don't need different fonts for Hebrew and Aramaic if your Unicode font covers
both) If you want to use different fonts for various encodings, then yeah
that's fine. For example, I use Lucida Sans Unicode for everything but Hebrew
in BibleTime, and I use some SIL fonts for Hebrew.