[sword-devel] Font problem NA27

Matthew Donadio sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 16:36:24 -0500

Dave Hall wrote:
> I did not mean to imply you should create a new module. I was wondering if
> Sword could display it properly (given the right font) since there is
> over-striking of super-scripted and sub-scripted accents/marks?

Sword does support accented texts as long as their is font support for
it.  Unicode does provide accented Greek letters, and if your systems
doesn't have unicode fonts, then Code2000 can be used.

The problem is that there aren't any public domain Greek texts that are
already accented.  If you look at the source files at
http://www.byztxt.com/ for the MT, you will see that they are
unaccented.  I'm not sure where the other Greek texts came from, but I
imagine they are also unaccented.

There are versions of UBS3/NA26 that have the diacritics, but there are
copyright issues that prevent them from being used in Sword.

--
Matthew Donadio (m.p.donadio@ieee.org)