[sword-devel] OSIS Sword modules structure (was: Explaine ThML markup)

Tue, 25 Mar 2003 14:42:16 -0700

I believe Chris was referring to the 'Markup'.  We have 2 concepts in
the engine: 1) storage type, which is handled by the driver you choose
to handle the storage files.  This is set in the .conf file with the
ModDrv entry.  and 2) The other concept is basically 'markup'.  We use
the SourceType entry in the .conf file to specify this.  When a 'client'
of the engine asks for module output to be, for example, HTML, the
engine uses the SourceType entry to know what filters need to be used to
perform the proper FROM/TO conversions.  OSIS modules will still use
RawText, zText, zCom, or other new storage formats, but will include
internal OSIS SourceType markup in the entries themselves.

	Hope this makes things a little clearer,
		-Troy.