[sword-devel] UI for Windows Question...

Fri, 14 Mar 2003 00:46:53 -0700

Costas,
	Not sure I quite got through with my email.  I'll paste my earlier
reply below and give a little background in case you're not sure.

Kylix is basically Delphi for Linux.  The latest release of Kylix
includes C++ support, making it basically, C++Builder for Linux, as well.
CLX is Borland's new control architecture which is planned to replace
VCL (their current architecture).
CLX is crossplatform and in its current incarnation uses Qt behind the
scenes on both Window and Linux.
CLX controls can be used in C++Builder, Delphi (I believe, versions 6
and later), and Kylix.

Just to reiterate.  We have basic CLX components for SWORD.

	-Troy.

________________________________
Costas,
     My apologies for not responding sooner.  We have CLX components for
Kylix created as a binding to the sword api.  There is actually a fairly
extensive demo using these components to produce a usable study tool
(create by Terry Biggs).  We also had someone successfully compile and
use these components on windows.  He had some trouble at first declaring
the external dll and such, but I can hunt down his email and get that to
you if you decide to try these and have problems, yourself.

See: sword/binding/clx

     -Troy.