[sword-devel] Search for word in Sword

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 9 Mar 2003 19:51:41 -0700 (MST)

On Sat, 8 Mar 2003, Adrian Korten wrote:

> I'd be willing to give it a try and can find some people to help test
> it. Does that mean someone would compile a special test version? This is
> a question from TBS but they are not in a rush for this at the moment.
> IOW, when it is convenient for you then do it and meanwhile I can tell
> them that it is being worked on.

I'm not exactly sure how ICU's Thai word-break iterator works, but I
imagine we'll just create a new filter for it and have it insert spaces
between words as part of the stripfilters process.  So I don't think that
will be terribly difficult.

The larger issue (which obviously needs to be addressed anyway) is getting
BibleCS back into a compiling state.  Once that's done, we can probably
start doing beta builds for everyone to try since the Thai word-breaking
is just one new feature that needs some serious testing.

--Chris