[sword-devel] release schedule

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 16:04:45 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Martin Gruner wrote:

> > I know you're anxious for a new release of Sword, but I don't think it has
> > even been discussed before your email and I can't think of much than has
> > been changed since 1.5.5a except for SWBuf and partial OSIS support --
> > neither of which are finished.
>
> Well, not sure how much has to change until a new release needs to be
> created.  I'd personally prefer "release early, release often".

Right, but my point was that since neither of these two new features are
complete, we should wait a bit for a release.  I don't anticipate that it
will take very long to write the remainder of the OSIS filters that we
need most immediately, and I'd have them written by the end of the weekend
if BibleCS were compiling so that I could do testing of the RTF filters.
I'm not sure where SWBuf stands though, because Troy may still have some
further things that he wants to implement for all I know.

Is there really anything new in CVS that is necessary for BT 1.3 or could
you use Sword 1.5.5a?

--Chris