[sword-devel] Sword releases (was: Re: release schedule)

Thu, 6 Mar 2003 13:24:40 -0500

On Thursday 06 March 2003 12:16 pm, Martin Gruner wrote:
> Btw, Daniel and me worked some on the Makefile system of Sword. Releases
> are now prepared by
>
> make clean; make dist
>
> rather than tarring up the whole cvs tree. This way the tar.gz file only
> takes about 500K rather than 4M. It will only include stuff that needs to
> be packaged up for release. Please try it out and report any errors in the
> make process here.

I think that such is a great idea. That way there can be separate packages for
things like the swig bindings, and install manager, and cheetah and what not.
Which would make the releasing of distro specific packages easier.