[sword-devel] Documentation and module creation

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 23:34:06 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 4 Mar 2003, John Payne wrote:

> I am hoping that someone would update the section on
> creating modules. I have tried to work through it, but
> I am not an xml expert.

What sort of updates are you looking for?

These docs were updated less than a month ago, and aside from one change
that has come about since their writing and a couple of omissions that I
noticed, I hadn't planned on updating or expanding them.

I'm think that XML tutorials are outside the scope or the project, since
there are hundreds of tutorials on the web for this.  Regarding the
standards that we use (ThML and OSIS) there are also tutorials at
http://www.ccel.org/ThML/ThML1.04.htm and
http://www.bibletechnologieswg.org/osis/specs/tutor1.html that you can
follow for how to mark a text.  I haven't tried it myself, but Authentic
from Altova (http://www.xmlspy.com/products_doc.html) looks like a nice
XML editor/validator.

(The main upcoming change to the docs is to link to
http://www.crosswire.org/ftpmirror/pub/sword/utils/win32/xml2gbs.exe and
change all references to "osis2gbs" into "xml2gbs".)

--Chris