[sword-devel] Announcement: Sword will be used within Postnuke!!

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 10:04:42 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, Eduard Wustenveld wrote:

> Just wanted to let you all know that Sword can almost be used in a
> Postnuke/PHP environment, when the postnuke module is finished we will be
> working on a stand-alone module for all websites that want to use a Bible.
> So the API of Sword is not used, only the RAW text files are used to get the
> Bible into a database.

Couldn't you make use of the PHP bindings through SWIG?  That would let
you use all of Sword instead of just a few of the older modules.

Reading RawText files is not a good way to use Sword, especially since
most people who try to do so do it wrong, assuming that RawText data files
are ordered.

--Chris