[sword-devel] Chinese "words"

sword-devel@crosswire.org sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 12:28:21 EDT

-------------------------------1056990501

In a message dated 6/27/2003 7:14:16 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
scribe@crosswire.org writes:
Hey Frank,
    Sorry for the sarcastic email :)  I hope you took it in light spirits.
???

  The truth is, we've been talking about changing the 'layout engine'
for quite some time.  We've been wanting to change from Microsoft's RTF
RichEdit32 control to use gecko, but we've been quite frustrated getting
help linking it into an app with Borland's C++Builder.  I've actually
had it working with the ActiveX interface, but it didn't seem to give us
any control over the DOM of the document.
not quite understand what you are saying here. A lot of layout engine can
deal with Chinese line break correctly. I believe MS RTF and RichEdit is one of
them. Are you telling me that they wont' line break correctly for Chinese and
require space character to break the line?

Sorry, I have no idea bout Borland C++ builder.

    What I'd like is to be able to get a reference what Node is currently
under the mouse position.  If we can use the ActiveX control for this,
then I'd appreciate some help if you have any insights. Otherwise, I
really would like a silly example app that just links to gecko and
displays a basic "hello world" rendered text area, _using Borland
C++Builder_.

hum.... I don't have Borland C++ builder and I have no experience with it at
all. Don't think I am the right person to help about this particular topic.

    It would be a great contribution to our project, as this is one of the
biggest tasks slated for a next release.

    Again, apologies for the sarcasm,
??? I don't know what are you apology for. ... anyway....
        -Troy.

-------------------------------1056990501

<HTML><HEAD>
<META charset=3DUTF-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html;=20
charset=3Dutf-8">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2600.0" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: Arial;=20
BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff">
<DIV>In a message dated 6/27/2003 7:14:16 PM Pacific Daylight Time,=20
scribe@crosswire.org writes:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: blue=20=
2px=20
solid"><FONT face=3DArial>Hey Frank,<BR>&nbsp; &nbsp; Sorry for the sarcasti=
c=20
email :)&nbsp; I hope you took it in light spirits. </BLOCKQUOTE>
<DIV>???</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: blue=20=
2px=20
solid"><BR>&nbsp; The truth is, we've been talking about changing the 'layou=
t=20
engine' <BR>for quite some time.&nbsp; We've been wanting to change from=20
Microsoft's RTF <BR>RichEdit32 control to use gecko, but we've been quite=20
frustrated getting <BR>help linking it into an app with Borland's C++Builder=
.&nbsp;=20
I've actually <BR>had it working with the ActiveX interface, but it didn't s=
eem=20
to give us <BR>any control over the DOM of the document.</BLOCKQUOTE>
<DIV>not quite understand what you are saying here.&nbsp;A lot of&nbsp;layou=
t=20
engine can deal with Chinese&nbsp;line break correctly. I believe&nbsp;MS RT=
F=20
and RichEdit is one of them. Are you telling me that they wont' line break=20
correctly for Chinese and require space character to break the line?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Sorry, I have no idea bout Borland C++ builder.</DIV>
<DIV><BR><BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; What I'd like is to be able to get a=20
reference what Node is currently <BR>under the mouse position.&nbsp; If we c=
an use the=20
ActiveX control for this, <BR>then I'd appreciate some help if you have any=20
insights. Otherwise, I <BR>really would like a silly example app that just=20
links to gecko and <BR>displays a basic "hello world" rendered text area, _u=
sing=20
Borland <BR>C++Builder_.<BR></DIV>
<DIV>hum.... I don't have Borland C++ builder and I have no experience with=20
it at all.&nbsp;Don't think I am the right person to help about&nbsp;this=20
particular topic. &nbsp;<BR><BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; It would be a great contr=
ibution=20
to our project, as this is one of the <BR>biggest tasks slated for a next=20
release.<BR><BR>&nbsp; &nbsp; Again, apologies for the sarcasm,</DIV>
<DIV>???&nbsp;I don't know what are you apology for. ...=20
anyway....&nbsp;<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; -Troy.</FONT>=
 </DIV>
<DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>