[sword-devel] #include problems w/PocketPC

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 26 Jul 2003 01:25:05 -0700 (MST)

This is the hard part of the port.  Sword uses STL but eVC++ lacks it.
It's not that Microsoft couldn't have included it--they were just being
cheap.  There are third party libraries you can buy that include it.  It's
also available in the STLport project.  I'm not necessarily saying either
of these is a good way to go.  But the 'list', 'map', and 'string'
includes are all STL.

I don't recall what fcntl.h is, but it looks like it might be file io
related, which will be the other hard part.  It's probably part of a
standard POSIX library we use that was omitted from eVC++ (again because
Microsoft is cheap).

--Chris