[sword-devel] Re: taking up a collection

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 13:12:26 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003, Ross Purdy wrote:

> I also sent Sergej money for the Wycliffe and Tyndale New Testament texts
> and I received the texts from him. I did not check their accuracy though. I
> then sent him money for the CD ROMs of the Early English Bibles he is
> advertising on his web site and never recieved them! ALL further
> corespondence I sent to him was unanswered. My father in law then inquired
> about the CD ROMs and Sergej said to send the money. Then my father in law
> asked him why he did not send any CD ROMs to me and Sergej ceased
> coresponding with him! I am wondering if Sergej is reliable any more. The
> two references he gives on his web site bounce any emails sent to them so
> they can't be checked out.

I too wondered whether my order to Sergej would ever arrive (I ordered the
Salvic Bible CD about a year ago).  It took about 3-4 months, but
eventually arrived.  I think that's about the same as Sword CDs. ;)  But
in this case, I can confirm it was simply the delivery via mail from
Ukraine that took so long.

I know he's still working with another group (studylight.org I believe) on
this project, and I don't have any reason to believe he is being
dishonest.  Ukraine is far away and there's also a language/culture
barrier to deal with.

> I have the early English Bible texts without the verse numbers and they do
> need some editing as there are missing letters every so often. I am willing
> to share them for FREE after I convert them to txt files and clean out
> headers from the source. Then verse numbers and missing letters will still
> have to be added.

I'd be interested in these, if you have the opportunity to send them and
if they come from a source that isn't claiming licensing restrictions or
an (illegal) copyright (i.e. not Chadwyk-Healey).

--Chris