[sword-devel] Access violations

Christian Renz sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 01:23:29 +0200

>Which I can't as I have no use for windows here.

Not to be a nitpicker, but doc file format != Windows. I can read .doc
files just fine on Mac OS X here, although I currently don't use
Windows and I can't afford MS Office.

Apart from the technical issues, it is also a matter of attitude. I
agree that for the developer list, it might have been better to put
the screenshots on a web page and link them. However, not everybody
has the resources to do that. And in this case, where we're talking
about aa support case, we should be more forthcoming and accept bug
reports even if they are not submitted in our preferred format.

Paul would probably say he doesn't mind whether the gospel is preached
on Windows, BSD, Linux or Mac OS, as long as it's preached. Let's
leave our personal preferences personal and try to preach the gospel
on every platform.

Greetings,
    Christian

--
crenz@web42.com - http://www.web42.com/crenz/ - http://www.web42.com/

"It's so much easier to pray for a bore than to go and see one."  -- C.S. Lewis