[sword-devel] free Windows compiler for SWORD

Thu, 17 Jul 2003 23:25:01 -0700

Joel,
	Public comment deserves public response:

	Over the 2 months that you worked on your extensions to the Search
code, we had numerous emails / chat sessions about what I would not
accept in the engine, namely: 1) adding 2 megs of source code of someone
elses project just to parse logic syntax; 2) changing the API interface
to expose a new 'search' object.

	I appreciate the work, and when I get around to changing these 2 major
issues, I still plan to integrate your code into the engine, BUT it was
a constant fight with you the entire time of development.  I explained
in detail how I felt on these issues and you still chose to submit your
code in this format.  You also repeatedly ignored my suggestions
regarding implementation of other things (including keeping the code in
the same theme as the existing Search code, so Range searching will work
in the future).  If you want your code integrated into a project, I feel
you might need to respect the requests of the maintainer, or expect to
wait until the maintainer has the time to do what you would not do,
before the code is added to the project.  I just haven't had time to do
this.  You've known this entire time what issues I have with your code,
and you have a right to disagree with my opinions, but don't expect me
to integrate it in this form into a project for which I hold responsibily.

	Your time and work are still appreciate,

		-Troy.