[sword-devel] Module Editing Tools

Thu, 17 Jul 2003 12:17:58 -0700

> As soon as I have some time (which is very soon, I hope, I'm currently in
> project that's running a month over time).

Thank you very much for your intentions.

>>  I'm under the persuasion that an editing tool should be a separate piece of software.
>
> I agree with that. My idea is a stand-alone app, working like a word
> processor (as easy to use as MS Word), doing all the markup, and files are
> saved/loaded as OSIS (that is: a subset of OSIS to begin with).

ABS is planning an OSIS authoring tool developed by extending
OpenOffice.  I don't believe they have started work on it, but I'm sure
they would love any collaboration you might offer.

> But, it would be nice if users can 'test' the text-references while they're
> typing their text, so: is there a DLL (or something like that), with which I
> can easely use the Sword system to get a bibletext?

I'm sure we can build some kind of plugin for the functionality needed.
    Excited to see what happens with this!

	-Troy.