[sword-devel] free Windows compiler for SWORD

Hugo van der Kooij sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 07:47:45 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003, Chris Little wrote:

> Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
>
> > But to this day I have not been able to understand from the crosswire
> > website how to go about and create a module if I wanted to. And I have
> > been looking into some Dutch documents I might want to add. But to this
> > day I find the website too hard navigate to find anything beyond the
> > modules itself.
>
> Documentation is at
> http://crosswire.org/sword/develop/swordmodule/index.jsp.  xml2gbs (for
> GenBooks) and osis2mod (which either needs to be generalized to handle
> all mod types or needs to be renamed) are the two tools you'll use with
> OSIS documents.

Ahh. May I propose to change "SWORD Module add-ins" on
http://crosswire.org/sword/develop/swordmodule/index.jsp to "Creating a
SWORD Module"?

It will make it a lot easier to find I guess.

> > If you want people to contribute you might want to considere which skills
> > are required and which are not. At present the information is too hard to
> > find. (I would expect some information at
> > http://www.crosswire.org/sword/volunteer/writers.jsp but there is none.)
>
> I'm in the process of updaing the website, but it's a relatively low
> priority and only a couple of sections have been revised.  Some sections
> (like the writers and graphic designers pages) don't even represent our
> view and will be removed.

Could you (or someone else) add crumbtails to the site? Now that I was
pointed to a page I had some trouble finding out how I should get there
from the start. Such a thing should propably be generated from the
content management system. (I do hope you use some sort of CMS.)

Along with the actual page name in the <title> this would make it much
easier to navigate.

If you need a hand I can try to help you out on the website. t see if I
can scratch some itches.

Hugo.

    hvdkooij@vanderkooij.org		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/
	    for they are subtle and quick to anger.