[sword-devel] free Windows compiler for SWORD

Wed, 16 Jul 2003 15:38:34 -0700

Hey guys,
	Just a few comments.

	Chris is back at Berkeley for the summer, so, in theme, he's just being
dissenting.  His views are by no means representative of the majority here.

	He does make a good point in that it would be MUCH MORE WORK FOR HIM if
we had a million people submitting modules.

	Don makes a good point that we want to enable people to easily place
their content into our software-- and I agree.

	I think the problem we're having is making the distinction between
SUBMITTING MODULES FOR HOSTING AT CROSSWIRE, and MAKING AND HOSTING YOUR
OWN CONTENT.

	In my opinion the solution is to:

	1) make it easy for anyone to import content for SWORD, and
	2) take a HARD stance on getting content on crosswire.org.  Basically,
we don't accept user made contributions (period).

   Now, if someone wants to join sword-devel; become a part of our
community; interact with Chris and others who are working on modules on
a regular basis; post their intentions and get direction from our module
expert (Chris); then fine, we'll THINK ABOUT accepting their work. :)

	I also, as a regular linux user, don't take Chris' (a regular windows
user, and self-proclaimed windows/microsoft advocate) comments on linux
binaries very seriously.

	:),

	-Troy.