linux binaries was Re: [sword-devel] free Windows compiler for SWORD

Daniel Glassey sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 15:43:07 +0100

On Tuesday 15 July 2003 8:40 pm, Chris Little wrote:
> A version of xml2gbs compiled for Win32 is available at our standard
> utils location: http://crosswire.org/ftpmirror/pub/sword/utils/win32/
>
> osis2vs is still beta software may need updates for OSIS 1.5.  So it
> will be released when it is ready.
>
> Linux binaries won't be released; Linux users who don't know how to
> compile for themselves need to learn.

Oh yes they will. (ooo, pantomime time ;) ). If it's in utilities and it has
been released then it's fair game to release with the lib - the relevant
looking ones have been in Debian since 1.5.5[1] (and would have been earlier
but for a packaging error :/ [2])

Daniel

[1]http://packages.debian.org/unstable/text/libsword-runtime.html
[2]http://packages.debian.org/stable/text/libsword-runtime.html