[sword-devel] the release

Daniel Blake sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 15:30:07 -0400

Thank you for your comments David.

Your point is well taken, I will try to word things better in the future.  I
am sorry that my post came across a pressuring.

For me to create a dll will be a long road.  I am just learning VB at this
point.  Even after I get proficient with VB, I still won't be in a position
to create the dll for Sword because it is coded in C++?
Programming in C++ is a long term goal that I have, but at this point coding
isn't one of the ways I can help Sword.

I think I will stick to praying more and speaking up less.

Daniel Blake

> Daniel,
> Nothing stops you from creating a .dll for sword, it is, I am sure, a
> welcome contribution and I can see you are trying to think through the
> implications of a .dll. But our resources are thin enough already we
cannot
> simply begin a new project. This is where the beauty of Open Source
Software