[sword-devel] How to make modules.

Barry Drake sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 17:27:18 -0000

Hi there ......

On 31 Jan 2003 at 8:50, Brook Humphrey wrote:

> I see quite a few others asking about how to make modules but I don't see
> allot of responses.

I don't mind giving you a hand here.  Firstly, I'll need to know a bit more
about your text files.  How are they arranged?  (Attach a few verses to an
e-mail for me).  Second do you have any programming/scripting skills?  The
standard module making tools are only going to be of use if you have a
'standard' kind of input file.  I've never found one yet, so I've usually
ended up writing a C command line program to call the add and link
functions through the Sword library.

There has been quite a lot of discussion on the list about making modules -
but from my experience there aren't very many easy standard answers.  It
depends too much on what you have for your source!

God bless,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Arnold and the Netherfield
United Reformed Churches, Nottingham see http://www.arnold-urc.supanet.com
and http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for our church homepages).

Replies - b.drake@ntlworld.com