[sword-devel] The Sword Project

Barry Drake sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 20:16:00 -0000

Rev. Michael Hackbardt, Executive Director, God's Word to the Nations

Dear Michael,

You wrote the following to Wesley Allen:
> In regard to your question... please have the people at www.crosswire.org > contact me and we'd be pleased to discuss this important opportunity with > them... with our prayer that we could make the text available to them for > FREE downloads.

Thanks for this.  In anticipation we have already produced a Sword module
of your translation which can be offered as soon as you wish.  It is
currently an encyphered module which could be made available to you or made
available for download from our site.  The possibilities are several.
Either we, or you could carry the module (which we are willing to supply
free of charge).  The module could be re-built in un-encyphered form if you
so wish, or you could retain control by making the encryption key available
through your own offices.  You would of course be free to make a charge for
this to the end user if you wish.  We regret that we ourselves have no
means of handling payment on your behalf if you do wish to charge.

You may either supply our bible reader software yourselves (at no charge)
so that your module may be used, or you may point users to our site.

The Sword Project has reader software available for an ever increasing
number of platforms including Linux and Windows and several PDA systems.

If you would like to co-operate with us in some way that I have not
suggested above, please get back to me.  If you would like to check out the
module yourself, write me for the key, and then download as a locked module
through the Windows installer and enter the key when asked.  If you are
wanting to try the module other than under Windows, I will give you the ftp
url to get the locked module.

God bless,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Arnold and the Netherfield
United Reformed Churches, Nottingham see http://www.arnold-urc.supanet.com
and http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for our church homepages).

Replies - b.drake@ntlworld.com