[sword-devel] Copyrights and derivative works

Joel Mawhorter sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 22:31:16 -0800

So according to U.S. law I can't create a derivative work but is a concordence
really a derative work? It certainly is very different from the Bible text it
is based on. In its simplest form it is just a listing of references for
verses that contain a given word. To me that doesn't seem like a derivative
work according to the definition at the site below. Thoughts anyone?

Joel