[sword-devel] New filter for red letter words

Jimmie Houchin sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 16:59:22 -0600

I will agree greatly that is a poor translation, and something I greatly
dislike, even though the KJV is currently the translation I use. While I
disagree with translating God's name that way and believe that we would
have been and would be better off if it was included correctly.

I made the distinction because I did not wish to be associated with
people who seem to believe it wrong to have anything other than YHWH and
even that in the Hebrew. :(
I believe that is the position of EliYah who I think is associated with
the RNKVJ.
http://www.eliyah.com
http://www.eliyah.com/Scripture/
I am not attempting to speak for EliYah, just my impressions.

I have not looked into the New Jerusalem Bible. In general I am very pro
the open or non-proprietary Bibles. I prefer to use in print what I have
the freedom to use in software. I will give the New Jerusalem a look.

Now I need to get busy installing Sword on my system. I just reinstalled
Debian Linux to my machine.

Thanks.

Jimmie Houchin