[sword-devel] List of Questions...

Derek Neighbors sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 16:48:43 -0700 (MST)

Eeli Kaikkonen said:
> On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Derek Neighbors wrote:
>
>> 1. Are the sword, gnome-sword and bibletime packages for Debian
>> actively maintained?  I had been making some custom one's because they
>> appeared so stale in unstable.
>>

> New BibleTime is based on KDE3, which is not officially in any Debian
> version yet. KDE 3.1 will be ready in a week (or is already), and
> Debian packages will be ready soon after that IF new QT and maybe some
> other stuff will be okay after Debian changing to gcc 3.2... Probably
> you knew this already. But I think that making new BibleTime packages
> has not been worth it until now.

The problem is that I have been running KDE 3.x in Debian for sometime off
"unofficial" debs from the Debian KDE maintainers repository.  It would be
nice to see some efforts to have SWORD be current in a similar way.  I
realize perhaps I'm picking nits, but the gnome-sword version was rather
old.

> Daniel Glassey, the maintainer of the deb package, might be willing to
> tell more. I'm also interested about this. (Daniel was just online,
> let's see what happens :)

I have been having another Debian developer package and post to his
archive to stay to date current, I believe I filed some bugs against the
original Debian package and never saw them addressed so I figured it might
be unmaintained.  Hopefully we will see new stuff soon. :)

-Derek