ESV was Re: [sword-devel] OSIS and Step

Trevor Jenkins sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 17:56:51 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, Daniel Glassey <danglassey@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> >From http://www.gnpcb.org/page/esv_faq/
> Is there an electronic edition? What about the free CD-ROM?
>    Every classic reference and thinline edition comes with the option of
>    receiving a CD-ROM with the complete text of the Bible. (A postcard
>    included with the Bible explains how to order the free CD.)

My understanding is that the free CD-ROM is NOT available in, with or for
editions purchased in the UK. (Publisher's restriction?) Things have
changed since I bought my copy. When originally published in the US
various UK bookstore stocked copies of the ESV. Once a date for the
Anglicized editionwas announced those copies quickly dried up.

Happened to visit the main London Wesley Owen store this lunch time. No
CD-ROM editions were visible; of course, I didn't open up those on the
shelf so vouchers might have been inside.

Regards, Trevor

British Sign Language is not inarticulate handwaving; it's a living language.
Support the campaign for formal recognition by the British government now!
Details at http://www.fdp.org.uk/

--

<>< Re: deemed!