[sword-devel] Quick Question

Daniel Adams sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 22:44:05 -0700

It makes sense to me, I am working at re-doing diatheke right now and am
dealing with the diatheke.pl -> .php part of the formatting. I will ask,
once again, what would the function be, or which file is it located in, that
does the verse retrieval and also module lists?

I am currently designing diatheke in a php format guiding from the perl one.

By the Grace of God,
Dan Adams - infoChi@infomagic.net
http://dana.ucc.nau.edu/~dpa3

  1 Peter 4:10 (NIV)-  Each one should use whatever gift he has received to
serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms.

-----Original Message-----
From: sword-devel-admin@crosswire.org
[mailto:sword-devel-admin@crosswire.org] On Behalf Of Chris Little
Sent: Saturday, January 11, 2003 10:40 PM
To: sword-devel@crosswire.org
Subject: Re: [sword-devel] Quick Question

On 11 Jan 2003, Chad Snow wrote:

> What processes the internal markup of the text?  Is that done by Sword
> or is it done by the front-end.

Either or both.  Presumably you'll tell Sword to process the text and give
you a single markup format in all cases.  BibleCS tells Sword to give it
RTF, for example.  GnomeSword tells Sword to give it HTMLHREF format.

Once the front-end has this text, it may do some more processing, like
setting up layout and finding links within the text, before it sends it to
whatever layout control is being used.

Make sense?  Let me know if you have a specific portion of processing in
mind that I didn't cover.

--Chris