[sword-devel] Update

Fri, 10 Jan 2003 03:26:23 -0700

Hey guys,
	Sorry for being a little scarce lately.  I've had alot going on,
recently.  A few of us that meet on irc.freenode.com #sword have a sword
prayer meeting biweekly and I haven't yet got my update to the guys for
this Sunday's.  I think this time I'll make it public.

	The last couple weeks have seen many changes for me.  I started a new
job last week.  It's a short term position with a Christian organization
in town and should last around 6 weeks.  With the recent situation with
permission withdrawals I had to take 2 days off to resolve the matter.
At the bottom of this note you will see Larry's most recent response, so
it looks like we are not being publicly accused any longer.

	I feel this is important to say to Larry, and for the record:
Complying with your requests does not mean that I admit to any of the
claims of which you had accused me, personally.  I have complied because
you asked me to-- as I have always tried my best to do in the past.
I've been personally hurt by your recent attitude toward me and I'm not
quite sure why you have had such a recent change of heart.

	Now, on to brighter things!  A fairly large organization that holds the
copyright to one of our most requested locked modules is interested in
hearing more about our software and I have been delinquent in responding
to their technical questions as to what our software can accommodate for
them.  Pray I get off my butt and prioritize my time better and that my
letter to them finds favour, along with our software-- in all of it's
various forms.

	I have a meeting with the American Bible Society next week to talk
about OSIS markup and to demo our KJV2003 distributed editing tool.
They had showed it to their translators and were interested in capturing
this valuable data AS THEY TRANSLATE, so WE won't have to do it after
the fact!  This is great news and an exciting opportunity to hear about
what they are interested in.  Many of you know that it's been a long
desire of mine to one day start a distributed, translation team
management software package.  This is a great opportunity to make
contacts and learn from the source.  Please pray for a safe trip and
meeting.  It's Tues. - Thurs.

	My family is attempting to sell their house, and they really need to
sell it pretty quit.  All of my brothers and sisters are still single
and we love eachother, so HEY we all still live together.  But my folks
really need to settle down, get a smaller place and enjoy their
retirement.  Please pray that we sell the house VERY SOON and for a
decent price.  And for us all as we take on this new chapter in our
lives.  It's gonna be weird not having my family together.  And for me
as I look for more permanent income and where to reside!  Exciting and
scary, all at the same time.  Kinda like girls.  (sorry)

	Please pray for Larry, that whatever is making him feel hurt and
betrayed is resolved and that He feels used by God again.  And that he,
and us, never forget that God loves us, not because of, but even in
spite of our returns to Him.

	Thanks for being such a great group to work with, you guys really are
loved and family to me.

	-Troy.