[sword-devel] Sword v1.5.5a

Thu, 9 Jan 2003 14:02:50 -0500

On Thursday 09 January 2003 01:10 am, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
> Also the Thayer and BDB modules have been removed from our public
> circulation but are still in our module list.  If the user requests
> them, they will be directed to the organization claiming copyright on
> them, like all of our other restricted modules.

BDB and Thayer *are* pd works. We just need to find a format that isn't
derived from olb. Perhaps we can find out where crosswalk.com got theirs from
that they used to create their lexicons. Also they used other PD works that
we don't have.

Their hebrew lexicon page says,
"The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon;
this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These
files are considered public domain."

And the greek lexicon page,
"The New Testament Greek Lexicon based on Thayer's and Smith's Bible
Dictionary plus others; this is keyed to the large Kittel and the
"Theological Dictionary of the New Testament." These files are public
domain."

Chances are we can find sources for these that don't have the olb restrictions
on them.

> I hope this satisfies everyone.  I realize that the KJV2003 project
> isn't yet complete and it is unfortunate that we must release it in it's
> unfinished state.  My hope is to make frequent updated releases of the
> new KJV module as the project progresses.

Will the KJV2003 encompas hebrew at any point?