[sword-devel] Sword, PHP, and PostNuke

Curtis Farnham sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 17:17:35 -0800 (PST)

Daniel,

pnBible (what I'm calling my project) should run on
any PostNuke site.  Both pnBible and PostNuke are
totally written in PHP and use MySQL for data storage
and retrieval, so they should work on any server that
has these things.

I've already published version 0.30 of pnBible to a
subdomain of mine, http://pn.e-cdf.com.  But it
requires Sword developer(s) to take Sword modules
through mod2vpl and then run them through a PHP script
I wrote to convert them to something that's easier to
insert into a MySQL database.  My goal right now is to
re-write pnBible so these steps aren't needed.  This
will allow PostNuke web admins to download Sword
modules directly from the Sword web site and upload
them right to their web sites for (relatively)
immediate use.

It sounds like you need the same information I do.
PostNuke or not, any PHP script that can display
verses would have to know where to go in the NT or OT
files to find them.  I'll be glad to share whatever I
come up with.

Do you know any specifics about the formats of the
*.bks, *.chs, and *.vss files?

That's great if you want to help test pnBible.  Do you
have a PostNuke site?  How much do you know about
PostNuke?

I need people to translate pnBible too, so even if you
don't do PostNuke, you might still be able to help.

Thanks,
Curtis