[sword-devel] Collaboration efforts for a front end

David Overcash sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 16:12:27 -0800

> I thought that when I download the latest source code, I can at least
compile the Windows front end out of the box, but I had no luck.  I have
tried to compile version 1.5.5 with Borland C++ Builder Professional 6 under
Windows XP environment, and I went from one error to the next.  I wonder if
any one did compile this version with Borland C++ Builder and give me some
guidance.

Paul, I had the same problem that you did trying to use BCB6 prof ...  I
found that a lot of the problems were do to missing include statements and
such...  All I can say is that the code has been written mainly for BCB 5,
not 6...
Keep going through it, most of the error are nominal and have to do with
missign libraries and such (and the order that you compile differenct
projects)

-Dave Overcash