[sword-devel] Accusations...

Patrick Durusau sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 05 Jan 2003 17:24:08 -0500

Jonathan,

Jonathan Hughes wrote:

>Hey Guys,
>
>	I think we need to be careful with how we react to this because we do
>not want to go on the offense and start attacking Larry Pierce or the
>Online Bible. That is not a Christ like response. We need to see what is
>really bothering Larry and company and see what we can do to alleviate
>the problems. It looks like Troy has already started to do this.

And the measure for a "Christ like response" is? Seems like I recall
some story about Jesus driving money lenders from the temple with a whip.

If you want to find out what is bothering Larry, knock yourself out. For
my part, I don't need to find out in order to know that his attacks on
Troy are unwarranted. I am not even curious about whatever may have
prompted the attack.

If rather than a web based attack on Troy and the Sword project, Larry
communicated his concerns to Troy, we would be at a different point in
this dicussion. My response, particularly to attacks on people who I
know are doing good work with very little thanks, is the treat the
source with all the consideration it is due.

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau
pdurusau@emory.edu