[sword-devel] Diatheke -k modlist

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 10:48:16 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 28 Feb 2003, Don A. Elbourne Jr. wrote:

> Is it possible to use the modlist in Diatheke to return the language and
> locked status of each module?

No.  You could add this to the program, I guess, but it complicates
things and is partially beyond the scope of the program's intent.

If a module is installed on a system, it's locked status shouldn't matter.
If it's installed, it should work.  (This, of course,  is not the case on
crosswire.org where we have lots of locked modules that pretend to be
installed but are not really.)

The self-generating interface page that you get when you run the script
with no arguments was never intended as the normal way to interface it.
It's quite an inefficient way of doing things and was only done because of
people's requests for such a feature.  Language info might be a nice
addition though, if someone feels like throwing that into diatheke.

--Chris