[sword-devel] i18n of sword website

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 01:22:09 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, Daniel Glassey wrote:

> well, with the debate raging about plans for the web interface and
> the importance of non-English stuff () it seems like a good time to
> bring up the idea of translating the sword website into (at minimum)
> appropriate languages, imho these would do for starters:

I think this sounds like a good idea.  The BT site is a nice
implementation for translating webpages, IMO.  Some pages, like our
purpose statement, are more important to translate than others.  And for
some, like the news page, we'll just have to accept are not going to get
translated.

I think the list of most important languages is not important.  Given the
difficulty we've had even getting people to translate those few strings
for book names and the UIs and the fact that we can't make anyone do
translations like a company could, we should just accept whatever help
comes forward and not worry about the rest.

--Chris