[sword-devel] Web Interface

sword-devel@crosswire.org sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 00:59:05 EST

--part1_1d0.37a5239.2b8b0ea9_boundary

In a message dated 2/22/2003 9:16:03 PM Pacific Standard Time,
chrislit@crosswire.org writes:

> Okay, my guestimates were off.  I ran statistics on our downloads in the
> last 5 weeks 76% of downloads were of English modules, 17% were of other
> Latin script modules, 4% were of original language modules, and 4% were of
> modules using other scripts that text-mode unix can handle (Hebrew, Greek,
> &Cyrillic), and the remaining 2% were of modules in other scripts
> (Arabic, Chinese, Korean, Thai, &Tamil)

Also, you are totally confused about the "USER". You are caculating those
users who DOWNLOAD the modules and will use it OFFLINE since they already
down load them. You are not caculate those user who will use it online.

Here are some number of total Internet number

<A HREF="http://www.glreach.com/globstats/">http://www.glreach.com/globstats/</A>

and
<A HREF="http://www.nua.com/surveys/how_many_online/index.html">http://www.nua.com/surveys/how_many_online/index.html</A>

Of course, different language/regions have different % of Christian to use
the SWORD project. And it also depend on if you make the software localized
to their language or not. If you ship a pure Chinese localized software
without shipping a English user interface, I bet you will get < 1% of English
user who want to use it. Same thing as your SWORD project? It is amazing you
can even got those number who download your non English modules from a pure
English web site.

--part1_1d0.37a5239.2b8b0ea9_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">In a message dated 2/22/2003 9:16:03 PM Pacific Standa=
rd Time, chrislit@crosswire.org writes:<BR>
<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Okay, my guestimates were off.&=
nbsp; I ran statistics on our downloads in the<BR>
last 5 weeks 76% of downloads were of English modules, 17% were of other<BR>
Latin script modules, 4% were of original language modules, and 4% were of<B=

modules using other scripts that text-mode unix can handle (Hebrew, Greek,<B=

&amp;Cyrillic), and the remaining 2% were of modules in other scripts<BR>
(Arabic, Chinese, Korean, Thai, &amp;Tamil)</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
Also, you are totally confused about the "USER". You are caculating those us=
ers who DOWNLOAD the modules and will use it OFFLINE since they already down=
 load them. You are not caculate those user who will use it online.<BR>
<BR>
Here are some number of total Internet number<BR>
<BR>
<A HREF=3D"http://www.glreach.com/globstats/">http://www.glreach.com/globsta=
ts/</A><BR>
<BR>
and<BR>
<A HREF=3D"http://www.nua.com/surveys/how_many_online/index.html">http://www=
.nua.com/surveys/how_many_online/index.html</A><BR>
<BR>
Of course, different language/regions have different % of Christian to use t=
he SWORD project. And it also depend on if you make the software localized t=
o their language or not. If you ship a pure Chinese localized software witho=
ut shipping a English user interface, I bet you will get &lt; 1% of English=20=
user who want to use it. Same thing as your SWORD project? It is amazing you=
 can even got those number who download your non English modules from a pure=
 English web site.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>