[sword-devel] Web Interface - Word Study

sword-devel@crosswire.org sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 22 Feb 2003 14:56:54 EST

--part1_9c.2e2292de.2b893006_boundary

In a message dated 2/22/2003 7:31:17 AM Pacific Standard Time,
delbourne@cox.net writes:

> Another feature, similar to the "passage study" I presented in the other
> email would be a "word study." This could take advantage of your KJV2003.
> The user could input a passage and be given a list of links for every Greek
> word found in the passage with either the full text of the entry for the
> word, or a link into the various dictionaries and lexicons.
>
> Each word could also have a link to a list of every occurrence of that word
> in the Bible.

Not quite understand what do you mean
user type in John 3:16
it show john 3:16 and a list of link to all the Greek in John 3:16
and for every individual link, if user click it, it will have links to all
the other passage that use that Greek word?

If that is what you mean - try the following Chinese bible site
1. in your browser, visit <A HREF="http://bible.fhl.net/test/read.html">http://bible.fhl.net/test/read.html</A> (this is the
test version which use <RUBY> for strong number display, the production
version is at <A HREF="http://bible.fhl.net/read.html">http://bible.fhl.net/read.html</A> )
2. It will show you a page in Chinese. Don't fear about it. Let it load even
you don't know chinese or do not have chinese font
3. then there are two session for ui, the TOP one for OT and the botton for
NT
Try to NT one,
a.  first, you check all the checkbox (by default, not all of them are on,
the UBS4 is the one for Greek, the one before it is for KJV)
c. then you just clck the last button
4. It will load the Chinese bible with strong number links, the Greek by
using png image, and KJV with Strong number link for each word
5. Click some of the strong number
6. It will lead you to a page which show the explaination of that strong
number in Chinese (depend on it got translated or not) and English
7. on the strong number page, there are two links on top after the number
the first one will bring up all the passage which have that word, also
display with strong number, and if you click the link of the verse id, it
will bring you the context.

Is that somthing that you ask? the bible.fhl.net is not build based on SWORD
but with some php.

--part1_9c.2e2292de.2b893006_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">In a message dated 2/22/2003 7:31:17 AM Pacific Standa=
rd Time, delbourne@cox.net writes:<BR>
<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Another feature, similar to the=
 "passage study" I presented in the other<BR>
email would be a "word study." This could take advantage of your KJV2003.<BR=

The user could input a passage and be given a list of links for every Greek<=

word found in the passage with either the full text of the entry for the<BR>
word, or a link into the various dictionaries and lexicons.<BR>
<BR>
Each word could also have a link to a list of every occurrence of that word<=

in the Bible.</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
Not quite understand what do you mean <BR>
user type in John 3:16<BR>
it show john 3:16 and a list of link to all the Greek in John 3:16<BR>
and for every individual link, if user click it, it will have links to all t=
he other passage that use that Greek word?<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
If that is what you mean - try the following Chinese bible site <BR>
1. in your browser, visit <A HREF=3D"http://bible.fhl.net/test/read.html">ht=
tp://bible.fhl.net/test/read.html</A> (this is the test version which use &l=
t;RUBY&gt; for strong number display, the production version is at <A HREF=
=3D"http://bible.fhl.net/read.html">http://bible.fhl.net/read.html</A> ) <BR=

2. It will show you a page in Chinese. Don't fear about it. Let it load even=
 you don't know chinese or do not have chinese font<BR>
3. then there are two session for ui, the TOP one for OT and the botton for=20=
NT<BR>
Try to NT one,<BR>
a.&nbsp; first, you check all the checkbox (by default, not all of them are=20=
on, the UBS4 is the one for Greek, the one before it is for KJV)<BR>
c. then you just clck the last button<BR>
4. It will load the Chinese bible with strong number links, the Greek by usi=
ng png image, and KJV with Strong number link for each word<BR>
5. Click some of the strong number<BR>
6. It will lead you to a page which show the explaination of that strong num=
ber in Chinese (depend on it got translated or not) and English<BR>
7. on the strong number page, there are two links on top after the number<BR=

the first one will bring up all the passage which have that word, also displ=
ay with strong number, and if you click the link of the verse id, it will br=
ing you the context.<BR>
<BR>
Is that somthing that you ask? the bible.fhl.net is not build based on SWORD=
 but with some php.<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_9c.2e2292de.2b893006_boundary--