[sword-devel] Web Interface

sword-devel@crosswire.org sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 22 Feb 2003 03:39:43 EST

--part1_1e0.2ae05ff.2b88914f_boundary

In a message dated 2/21/2003 3:51:16 PM Pacific Standard Time,
eekaikko@mail.student.oulu.fi writes:

> Oh no, please, no javascript! I use text mode browsers often. Modern text
> mode
> browsers can handle even tables ands frames, but not javascript.

ECMAScript IS standard. DOM is standard.... so... what is the requirement?
Why you use text base browser? Should the web interface trade off
functionality for text browser? Is there possible way have two different
version and one to support standard compliance browser and one to support
lacking-new-standard-support browser? How about moble support? Are we going
to support the WAP kind of access?

How about CSS? How about RUBY ? How about DOM? How about XML support? Does
your text browser support those? What is the developement plan for your text
based browser to support those standard? Why your text browser not supporting
standard?

--part1_1e0.2ae05ff.2b88914f_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">In a message dated 2/21/2003 3:51:16 PM Pacific Standa=
rd Time, eekaikko@mail.student.oulu.fi writes:<BR>
<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Oh no, please, no javascript! I=
 use text mode browsers often. Modern text mode <BR>
browsers can handle even tables ands frames, but not javascript.<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
ECMAScript IS standard. DOM is standard.... so... what is the requirement?<B=

Why you use text base browser? Should the web interface trade off functional=
ity for text browser? Is there possible way have two different version and o=
ne to support standard compliance browser and one to support lacking-new-sta=
ndard-support browser? How about moble support? Are we going to support the=20=
WAP kind of access? <BR>
<BR>
How about CSS? How about RUBY ? How about DOM? How about XML support? Does y=
our text browser support those? What is the developement plan for your text=20=
based browser to support those standard? Why your text browser not supportin=
g standard?</FONT></HTML>

--part1_1e0.2ae05ff.2b88914f_boundary--