[sword-devel] Website structure

Hugo van der Kooij sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 20:41:25 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Don A. Elbourne Jr. wrote:

> In reference to Christian's suggestion that the website needs work, I'd like
> to throw out an idea that I had. I think it would be helpful and more
> intuitive to have a separate site, (still hosted under crosswire.org) just
> for the Sword Modules. Off the top of my head the structure would be
> something like this:
>

> +About
>     /Overview
>     /News

At present I find the sword website painfull to navigate.

While it seems to be used a lot, mixing menu structure items over multiple
places is bad. I would favor a menu on the left hand site that will fold
out where needed.

On the top a navigation indicator to tell you the path you took to the
current page. (I must admit my own pages are lacking those.)

And for absolute readability for a website have a look at
http://mkdoc.com/ as it has a lot of good ideas about building acccessable
websites.

Hugo.

    hvdkooij@vanderkooij.org		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/