[sword-devel] Re: [sword-support] An extra hand

Daniel Glassey sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 13:21:56 -0000

great that it's sorted now :)
Anyway, there are lots of things you could work on depending where
your interests lie.
The GUI frontends always need help, bibletime, gnomesword,
swordforwindows, macsword.
The language bindings for perl, python, php ... probably need a bit
more work.
In the past there was a sword activex though it is out of date. It
could be brought back so that sword things can be done with vb.
General optimisation and speed improvements of the lib are also good.

But there is one thing that would really help, that noone has had the
motivation to get done yet, though people keep asking for it. The
engine currently only handles KJV versification. This means that
there are problems handling biblical and other texts with alternate
versification such as the NRSV or the aprocrypha. It'll take working
out how it does things at the moment (with help from the list), and
then designing something that does the job that is needed with
minimal changes to the rest of the library.

I've probably missed some things, so if anyone else knows of things
that really need work on please chip in ;)

Regards,
Daniel

--
Daniel Glassey