[sword-devel] thml2gbs

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 15:26:36 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Jason and Larua Brooks wrote:

>     Thanks for the info.  The docs I have pulled from ccel.org are
> available in other formats, including osis.  Is there any tool that
> could use another format that would come closer to working?  Or, would
> the modules have to be made by hand or a script?

In addition to the Perl script Joachim mentioned, thml2gbs can process a
ThML document and output an imp format file if your 4th command line
arguement is a 1 (e.g. './thml2gbs somefile.thml someModule 0 1').  That
can show you what thml2gbs is feeding Sword, since thml2gbs is essentially
just doing ThML->IMP and then feeding the result to the same code as is in
imp2gbs.  The only reason it was written was to (eventually) produce a
GUI ThML import tool and a SWORD export/import pathway to simplify fixing
modules with errors--that's why it's written in C instead of Perl.

You could certainly use the Perl thml2imp tool plus imp2gbs.  Or, I should
have thml2gbs fixed soon and osis2gbs as well (or maybe I'll combine them
since they share so much logic).

--Chris