[sword-devel] How to make modules.

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 1 Feb 2003 03:03:44 -0700 (MST)

txt2mod is ancient, so don't use it.  Also, I recommend against GBF,
except in some circumstances when doing Bibles.

So as far as markup goes, I suppose my recommendation is to use ThML,
though we will soon enough move everything to OSIS and be able to remove
our support for non-OSIS source markup.

For input, you can use thml2gbs for general books, but I believe it is
still broken at the moment.

Aside from that, use imp2[vs|ld|gbs].  They take files in a format such as
this:

$$$key1
value of key1
$$$key2
value of key2
$$$key3
value of key3

etc.

So fill in verse references or dictionary entry names for the keys.  If
you're doing a genbook, the keys follow a naming scheme like
"/level 1/level 2/level 3/level 4/etc".

--Chris