[sword-devel] Daily Verse Project

Don A. Elbourne Jr. sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 27 Dec 2003 09:34:54 -0600

I'd like to compile a list of scripture references that could serve as a
"daily verse" for 2004. I want to compile a list of 366 passages for this
purpose. Please stop by and add to the growing list. I'd like to have it
ready by New Year's Eve. I'll make the list available to anyone that would
like it.

The site is:
http://www.lakeshorebaptist.net/dailyverse/

The script I created checks to ensure that the chapter and verse are numeric
values. I did not built in a function that would check that the verse
actually exists. The data is stored in pipe delimited fields.
book|chapter|verse

For example:

1 Peter|1|3-4
Romans|8|28
2 Peter|3|9
Romans|8|1
Genesis|1|1
Mark|17|1
John|16|33
Isaiah|53|5
Jeremiah|29|11

Would anyone be interested in writing a script that could check to see if
each verse span actually exists and cull out any erroneous passages? I
believe Sword has that info. I know that there are at least a couple of
jokers who added non existing verses. I'll then read through all the
passages for a manual check in case anyone added references such as  Judges
3:21-22, 1 Chronicles 26:16-18, Psalms 137:9, I Kings 14:10, or Isaiah
36:12. (check those in the KJV for the full effect)

Thanks for any help you can provide to this small project.

by grace alone,

Don A. Elbourne Jr.
http://elbourne.org