[sword-devel] ThML and OSIS references

Adrian Korten sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 23 Dec 2003 15:59:51 +0700

--------------060702050507090302030702

Good day,

That makes sense and is what I thought should have been happening. It
isn't working with neither a Thai commentary or dictionary. This
commentary and dictionary use ThML formatting so maybe this feature is
not supported by Sword. I did not test it with OSIS formatted files so
maybe the 'osisref=' attribute is properly handled.

Attached is a file with three examples that all use the attribute
'passage='. With two of them, there is no pop-up display or a jump-to
reference with right-click. With the third one, the display and jump-to
reference look good but are invalid -- the passage within the markers is
displayed and not the actual 'passage='. It seems that 'passage=' is not
picked up by the program.

This is not a big concern for me; I was just playing with it to see if
it could be done. Writing a python/perl script to properly insert the
reference info in OSIS or ThML format seems like a lot of work for the
Thai modules. However, there does not seem to be a way for a non-English
commentary/dictionary to insert references with actual Bible verses
behind a user displayed piece of arbitrary text (Thai or otherwise).

ak

p.s. It was interesting to see a mention of a python project in the
works. I'm just beginning to play more with python and will be
interested to see how it goes.