[sword-devel] Proposed .bpr & .bpg fixes for BCB6 and ./sword/tests

Lynn Allan sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 20 Dec 2003 18:56:24 -0700

I attempted to get the programs in ./sword/tests to compile and execute
using Borland CBuilder 6.0 Personal. There were a series of errors. I think
I can list most or all of them for correction by a sword maintainer.

* libsword invalidly references missing files not in CVS fetch:
   - rwphtml.cpp,
   - rwprtf.cpp, and
   - roman.c

* libsword needs to reference:
   - swbuf.cpp
   - roman.cpp
   - swoptfilter.cpp
   - gbfredletterwords.cpp
   - osisheadings.cpp
   - osisstrongs.cpp
   - osismorph.cpp
   - osisredletterwords.cpp
   - osisplain.cpp
   - osisfootnotes.cpp
   - utilxml.cpp
   - swsearchable.cpp
   - (maybe others ... I lost track at one point ... sorry)

Also, there were references to cg32.lib (CodeGuard??). I believe I noticed
someone mentioning they had or were going to remove references to cg32.lib.
In any case, I installed the Enterprise Trial which has cg32.lib. I had to
include references to cg32.lib for each of the filtertest.bpr, mgrtest.bpr,
and parsekey.bpr.

After these changes, it seemed to compile, link, and "do something." I
couldn't tell if it was doing the right thing or not. On several launches,
it invoked the codeguard dialog, but not consistently???

HTH,
Lynn A.
l.allan@att.net