[sword-devel] ActiveDiatheke 1.2 question

Lynn Allan sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 20 Dec 2003 16:10:19 -0700

Chris Little wrote:
> You might try checking out a fresh copy of CVS.  There are no problems
> with it currently.  I committed two sets of changes after you sumbitted
> your patch.  The first basically did what your patch did.  The second
> added better OSIS support and implemented search ranges.  The two
> commits occured at 1:40 am and 3:13 am respectively on October 22, so
> I'm a little dubious of the possibility that you updated in the
> intervening hour and a half and something broke in that time.  Nothing
> was "overwritten".
>
> If it really is broken, I'll need some more clues about what's different
> on your end, since it works for me.

Using a "Baseline" of today with "fresh fetch" from CVS into clean
directory, here is the status I encountered:
* Diatheke with icu project: broken (won't compile)
* Diatheke with non-icu project: broken (won't link ... easy to fix with
missing reference to osiscgi)
* ActiveDiatheke with icu project: broken (won't compile)
* ActiveDiatheke with non-icu project: ok
* ActiveDiatheke VB demo: works ok with non-icu

Lynn Allan wrote:
> > The ActiveDemo VB code depends on the ActiveDiatheke ocx. There was a
window
> > of time when it worked based on the fix above, but then was broken again
> > last time I checked. I also submitted a TestActiveDiatheke that was a
Visual

Chris Little wrote:
> Yeah, I didn't feel like the C++ program served much purpose, and it
> never worked for me.  VC++ users should just use Sword directly, rather
> than via COM.  It's faster.  A lot faster.  I don't even know that it is
> that appropriate to include ADDemo, but it will at least confirm whether
> ActiveDiatheke is working.

Your "fix" to my "fix" of ActiveDiatheke doquery was apparently incompatible
with TestActiveDiatheke code, which "broke" TestActiveDiatheke because of
odl definitions. There is a revised LynnAllanChanges.zip I can make
available. In my opinion, it would be very valuable to have a working
example of C++ COM code that can use ActiveDiatheke, and will "appeal" to
sword maintainers (other than yourself) your decision to leave it out of
CVS.

Sharing the reason for the season,
http://learningcards.eeworks.org/EeCard01.html

Lynn A.